Re: Home position

Carmine Iaffaldano

I think that all A-P mounts made in at least the last dozen years can do that. The mount controller will automatically park the scope at the current position if power is lost (or if you shut power of purposely). When power is restored the mount position can be restored by unparking from last parked position.

Strange.... some people referred to me that the power lost causes the misalignment of the AP mount...

So, are you suggesting that APCC should have a TheSkyX feature set (planetarium, camera control, autoguiding, platesolving), but only for A-P mounts?

Yes or a better integration of APCC with other softwares,

However referring to Home parking position i have experimented many problem of parking of which there are not always explanation ...