Sanity check - My Mach1 is behaving funny

Henry Kwok

I have not been out for some time due to weather and gear problem. Tonight I had the Mach1 / 130GT out doing a short imaging run. Guiding was via an OAG with a QHY5L-ii using PHD2. During the course of 2.5 hours, I noticed 4-5 random spikes. I checked the PHD2 log, and there was no star lost or star mass change. Skies had been clear. My first thought was - is my beloved Mach1 broken? May be something got into the worm gear?? But then I examined the log, and see that the spikes had no pattern or cyclicity to them, and three out of the 5 spikes took place in the last 30 min or so.

Burning Question - the fact that it is not cyclical means that it is not the mount, right? Please tell me it is unlikely to be the mount. As long as it is not the mount thats broken, I would be hugely relieved. if someone can suggest an alternative cause, that would be even better.

cable drag may be (seem unlikely as cables are free dangling)?