From: ap-gto@... [mailto:ap-gto@...]
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2017 8:31 AM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: How Accurate Is the GoTo Feature of APCC for Imaging

I couldn't begin to tell you how pixel-perfect APs can be made to slew...quite frankly, I haven't spent the
money or time on the software, hardware, and effort to build a model, have a proper procedure for using it,
or whatever.

You know what i can tell you?

AP ASCOM driver is free, lots of plate solve engines (PS2, Elbrus, Astrometry) are free, and with even a
cursory alignment and calibration, my Mach1's slews are accurate enough that platesolving takes < 1
minute, and NEVER takes more than 1 pass.

Frankly, at a cost of $0 and maybe 45s of my nightly imaging time...it's "accurate enough". :)