Re: How Accurate Is the GoTo Feature of APCC for Imaging

Michael Fulbright <mike.fulbright@...>

Reading the Pinpoint marketing speak under "Accuracy" at

http://pinpoint.dc3.com/

It looks like for the one IAU site they reference they routinely get under 2 arc-seconds and around 50% of the time under 1 arc-second.

I see an RMS of fit under 0.5 arc-seconds routinely for my 8 inch f/4 OTA sampling at 1 arcsec/pixel.

I am not sure that translates into accuracy of fit however.

I'm not sure how else you will (easily) know your position anywhere in the sky to within few arc-seconds other than plate solving.

Michael Fulbright

On 8/11/2017 4:14 PM, chris1011@... [ap-gto] wrote:

What I'm looking for is a plate solve which tells me exactly where I am pointing. I don't need or want to move the mount there, I just need to know the error at any point in the sky.