Re: AP900 CP2 Issue

eja24601

Thanks, Rolando! You're fast! :)

>>You bought this used, did the previous owner indicate that the mount was fully functional?

I bought it in late 2015, and it's been in our observatory since late 2015/early 2016. It was fully functional until the symptoms manifested this past Saturday.

I will try your suggested troubleshooting steps in the next few days. When I plug the short part of the Y cable, do I leave the long part unplugged?

>>Here is how you can test whether one of the two motors or encoders might be non-functional. Plug the short part of the Y cable into the RA motor box. Turn power on and push the E-W buttons at 600x (do not push N-S buttons). If the motor slews properly, then it is good, and your R.A. Y cable connection is also good. Now plug the short end of the Y cable into the Dec motor box. Turn power on and push the E-W buttons at 600x. Again, if the motor slews properly, then that motor circuit is also functioning correctly.

>>If the above tests pan out, then you may have a break in the Dec portion of the Y cable. If the Yellow light comes on in any of the above tests, then you may have a break in the RA portion of the Y cable.

>>Try this first and see what happens. Best to call George here during the day and he can walk you thru any further tests. In any case, the mount is modular, and we can repair any portion without you having to send the entire mount in.

Will keep you posted.
Thanks a bunch!

Eric