From: ap-gto@... [mailto:ap-gto@...]
Sent: Wednesday, July 5, 2017 8:54 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] ODD Tracking message at APCC Horizon Limit

Thanks for that further explanation Ray,

Mind you, in my test, NO PLANETARIUM program was running – absolutely nothing but APCC.
I let the “settling message” continue at Park-2 for a couple of minutes, until it seemed it was NOT going to
soon settle down. Could have waited longer, but it already seemed to be stuck in an unreasonable delay.

I wonder if all motion had really ceased before this wait, and the motors stopped, even as APCC waited for
some kind of oscillation to end.
BTW – it was a dead calm night, so no winds were buffeting the truss tube.

Next time, I’ll repeat the test, and if it happens again, give it say ... a half hour to finally come to rest.

Joe