Re: ODD Tracking message at APCC Horizon Limit

Joe Zeglinski

Thanks for that further explanation Ray,

    Mind you, in my test, NO PLANETARIUM program was running – absolutely nothing but APCC.
I let the “settling message” continue at Park-2 for a couple of minutes, until it seemed it was NOT going to soon settle down. Could have waited longer, but it already seemed to be stuck in an unreasonable delay.

    I wonder if all motion had really ceased  before this wait, and the motors stopped, even as APCC waited for some kind of oscillation to end.
BTW – it was a dead calm night, so no winds were buffeting the truss tube.

    Next time, I’ll repeat the test, and if it happens again, give it say ... a half hour to finally come to rest.

Joe