Re: ODD Tracking message at APCC Horizon Limit

Ray Gralak

Joe,

I think this may replicate the situation that a recent poster mentioned about finding his mount “not quite
parked”, after an imaging session let the mount continue tracking to a limit (perhaps).
I doubt that. That's a completely different scenario. Roland explained the situation accurately. The park position that TheSky uses definitely *is* different!

Once the limit is triggered and some movement action is given to the mount, tracking can be enabled - otherwise you would never be able to get out of the limit. But there has to be an indicator that a limit was reached (and there was, according to you).

And, about the settling "problem," APCC send the mounts to coordinates and waits for the coordinates to be within a certain amount. If the mount doesn't reach those coordinates, like if you cancel the motion, then the settling message may stay up until APCC can poll the mount and determine state has changed (this may take a while). Eventually the parking status window will close. If you are impatient, you can close the window on your own.

Some of this logic has been updated in the version that will be released soon, so there's no point worrying about it now.

-Ray Gralak