From: 'Joseph Zeglinski' J.Zeglinski@... [ap-gto]
To: ap-gto
Sent: Wed, Jul 5, 2017 4:38 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] ODD Tracking message at APCC Horizon Limit

Hi,

    Just wondering why – with the fully updated current V2 driver and APCC PRO on my AP-1200 & CP4, , its  status bar still shows ... UNPARKED (AP) and  “TRACKING = SIDEREAL” even though the Horizon button is lit in Yellow, its contents proclaiming ...  “Limit Reached (Action: Zero Tracking)”.

    No astronomy apps besides APCC, were running during today’s re-test.

    Same thing if I change to the ...  ACTION: PARK MOUNT ... option on Limit reached. The Limits tab info concurs with the tripped  condition, since obviously the scope position in the globe meatball, is definitely inside my mapped horizon profile. This was just slewing the mount away from Park-2, but to a spot still inside the limits field.

    Shouldn’t the status bar toggle to also be in line with the Horizon Limit condition?
In fact, switching to HA display, the mount is definitely still tracking, until I click to Toggle Tracking off. Looks like the  options in LIMITS, don’t actually affect the mount tracking or parking.

    Then again ... Perhaps this was intentional, and it only works when a Limit is reached with motion from the Safe zone ... outside the Limits field. That may have to do with not getting jailed at a Park position with no escape except by momentarily de-activating Limits.
Do the Limits trigger only when coming in from the Safe Zone? Didn’t work that way either, when I discovered this oddity last night, during a normal PEMPRO (PA) run.

    I think this could potentially cause a  mount collision, if we setup an imaging script, and go off to bed, assuming APCC will safe the mount, eventually,  when Limits are hit. Hopefully I am wrong.

Concerned ....
Joe Z.