From: ap-gto@... [mailto:ap-gto@...]
Sent: Monday, July 3, 2017 2:28 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: [ap-gto] FIXED!! fiasco with apcc/V2 driver virtual ports

Hi

To everyone that responded, thank you. The virtual ports issue was pretty persistent...uninstalling, scrubbing
the registry, and reinstalling the FTDI drivers fixed things perfectly. Comms are back to normal now. Another
lesson in Leave-No-Stone-Unturned: since the physical port appeared to be working, I had ruled out the FTDI
stuff and concentrated on the virtual ports as the issue. If only I understood all this...........

In any case, all fixed....

John Collins

Eugene, Oregon

____________________________

On 6/29/2017 6:43 PM, 'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto]
wrote:
Hi John,

First, I assume you have connected APCC to the mount or driver will not connect.

If that's not the problem, are you using a USB/serial device? Some are known to use a new virtual port
every time, thus eventually using all the virtual ports.

Then, try this:

1) Open Device Manager

2) From the View menu, select 'Show Hidden Devices'

3) Expand 'Ports (COM & LPT)' category from the list

4) Right-click on all the devices and remove them (no need to tick to
delete the driver)

5) From the Action menu, select 'Scan for New Devices'

Then enable the checkbox "Auto-Config" in the AP V2 driver and try connecting. If that doesn't work
uncheck the option and set the first two ports to ports you don't think have ever been used, like maybe
COM20 and COM21. Create the ports in APCC to make sure they work. Make sure you are connected to the
mount in APCC or driver will not connect. Then try connecting using one of the AP ASCOM driver utilities,
like AP Jog.

-Ray Gralak
Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center):
http://www.astro-physics.com/index.htm?products/accessories/software/a
pcc/apcc Author of PEMPro: http://www.ccdware.com Author of
Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: http://www.gralak.com/apdriver Author
of PulseGuide: http://www.pulseguide.com Author of Sigma: