Re: fiasco with apcc/V2 driver virtual ports

john

Thanks to Ray and everyone that responded--I'll be with the equipment tonight and will report back shortly. At first read, it sounds like each response is on target froma variety of perspectives.

will advise

John

_______________________________

On 6/29/2017 6:43 PM, 'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto] wrote:
Hi John,

First, I assume you have connected APCC to the mount or driver will not connect.

If that's not the problem, are you using a USB/serial device? Some are known to use a new virtual port every time, thus eventually using all the virtual ports.

Then, try this:

1) Open Device Manager

2) From the View menu, select 'Show Hidden Devices'

3) Expand 'Ports (COM & LPT)' category from the list

4) Right-click on all the devices and remove them (no need to tick to delete the driver)

5) From the Action menu, select 'Scan for New Devices'

Then enable the checkbox "Auto-Config" in the AP V2 driver and try connecting. If that doesn't work uncheck the option and set the first two ports to ports you don't think have ever been used, like maybe COM20 and COM21. Create the ports in APCC to make sure they work. Make sure you are connected to the mount in APCC or driver will not connect. Then try connecting using one of the AP ASCOM driver utilities, like AP Jog.

-Ray Gralak