From: ap-gto@... [mailto:ap-gto@...]
Sent: 29 juin 2017 23:08
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: RE: APPM and ANSVR was RE: [ap-gto] Re: APPM Run - Plate Solve Failures East of Meridian

Eric,

The scale is not the same as the telescope is pointing at.

The all-sky plate solve is intended to plate solve a mount that is pointing at unknown position or mount pointing at offset position.  Image scale can be easily calculated depending of your camera and focal length.

ANSVR is searching for an area of the sky according to image star positions and image scale.  ANSVR really don’t about the mount position offset.  Whatever if your mount is lost, ANSVR will retrieve the sky area that matches the real position of the mount.

Hope this will clarify.

Regards,

Yves