Re: fiasco with apcc/V2 driver virtual ports

john

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the effort, but I think I may not have been clear.

The entire setup of apcc pro, V2, skyX and the CP4 were operating well...I was even marvelling at how simple the setup had been. Something has happened that is causing a problem....in bullet point form:

* previously working system is started after standing for days...everything fires up, but the V2 Com port # indicator in APCC pulsed on/off 4 times then threw the "no mount on com port" error. The mount is operating properly.

* V2 com port intermittently connected in response to manual "connect", eventually throwing a "create virtual port before trying to connect" after several tries...the apcc virtual ports page showed no virtual ports (had been com 9 and com 11)...com 9 and 11 missing from drop-down list

* Device manager shows virtual ports 9 and 10 but apcc has com 9 and 11 removed from drop down list AND not created in apcc --- situation is deteriorating

*tried the "now" button...nothing--I've ended up with com 9 and 11 half-selected--new selections seem locked out

*tried delete all and delete residual, nothing. Uninstalled, scrubbed, reinstalled apcc and V2....problem persists....I expect some config file is being left behind at uninstall---configs reappeared on reinstall, complete with virtual ports issue

*After reinstall, virtual ports do not appear in device manager

* tried com 11...connected, but pulsed and died, throwing error

*tried "now".....nothing. Manually selected com 15.....worked for one session.....restarted apcc and com 15 started the pulse-and-die behavior.

I suspect the ultimate solution is to uninstall/reinstall, however there seems to be a file or files that remain after uninstall, which preserves the problem. I can handle the reinstallation easy-peasy, but not sure where the files that store configs may be. I'd like to do a thorough reinstall. Whatever the original cause, I have no idea.

What do I have to delete/uninstall to kill my original config--I'll reenter info from scratch.

thanks

John Collins

On 6/29/2017 6:09 AM, 'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto] wrote:
Hi John,

While the V2 driver did not connect when apcc called, it did connect
manually using the connect button.......tried fiddling with the V2 com
port timeout setting--no discernable change.
A number of builds ago, a "Now" button, as in "configure now", was added in APCC's "AP V2 Driver" group box. When clicked, APCC will find free virtual ports and automomagically configure everything in the ASCOM driver, including setting the virtual port number. You should not even need to open the AP V2 driver's setup window. This was done to make it extremely simple to configure all settings.

Best regards,

-Ray Gralak