Re: Balance issue GTO1100 CP4

Roland Christen

There are always 3 clutch knobs on each axis. There are two knobs on the bottom of the Dec axis which are locking knobs for the axis - DO NOT loosen them. They are used to hold the two axes together.

From: 'T. Hellwing' t.hellwing@... [ap-gto]
To: ap-gto
Sent: Sat, Jun 17, 2017 9:52 am
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Re: Balance issue GTO1100 CP4

Dear Bryan,

that could be an explanation. Thank you.

You mentioned 3 clutch knobs each axis? I only have 2 each! Can it be?

KR
Thomas

Am 17.06.2017 um 16:12 schrieb bryancashion@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...>:

Thomas

Early versions of the 1100 did not have the Auto-adjust gearboxes and the levers that free the gears for balancing.

I suspect your dealer had an older one in stock, even though your purchase is recent.

I have one of the older models as well.  I balanced by lossening the three clutch knobs on each axis.  WHile this doesn't free the mount completely, it did allow me to get close to good balance.  he motors on an A-P mount have enough power to offset slight imbalances.

Later I fine-tuned the balance by measuring current draw during slewing.  See this htread.

Long thread on this and balancing in general at

Bryan