Re: Balance issue GTO1100 CP4

Worsel

Thomas

Early versions of the 1100 did not have the Auto-adjust gearboxes and the levers that free the gears for balancing.

I suspect your dealer had an older one in stock, even though your purchase is recent.

I have one of the older models as well.  I balanced by lossening the three clutch knobs on each axis.  WHile this doesn't free the mount completely, it did allow me to get close to good balance.  he motors on an A-P mount have enough power to offset slight imbalances.

Later I fine-tuned the balance by measuring current draw during slewing.  See this htread.

Long thread on this and balancing in general at

Bryan