Re: [ap-ug] Astro-Physics Facebook page is live!

Roland Christen

What I meant was FB for personal use. The AP FB page is for sharing info with far flung astro users of any events of interest that come up. A lot of people don't like Yahoo either, so this is simply another info portal.

From: 'Joseph Zeglinski' J.Zeglinski@... [ap-gto]
To: ap-gto
Sent: Thu, Jun 15, 2017 12:08 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: [ap-ug] Astro-Physics Facebook page is live!

Fully agree, Rolando.

    Never used Facebook, have no need or desire to do so, and never will join, as long as there remain the regular AP contact methods of email and web pages (which do need a SEARCH box). I’m used to Yahoo Forums, so I hope that stays, rather than a corporate Forum.
FB isn’t for me. Too old to get addicted to time-wasting  social media, but I guess it satisfies the habits for distraction of the younger crowd.

    It will be interesting to see how much traffic the FB page gets, after a period of introduction.

Joe Z.