Re: Parking confusion for a mobile user.

Sam Saeed

Can SkySafari park the mount as well?

Sam

On Friday, May 19, 2017, 8:21 PM, Christopher Erickson christopher.k.erickson@... [ap-gto] wrote:

Yes. That is exactly how Sky Safari worked before they added the mount initialization capabilities.

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory engineer
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

On May 19, 2017 4:21 PM, "Jon jmartin590@... [ap-gto]" <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Thanks. Then I can expect that I can still use Sky Safari to slew around even if the mount has been initialized with another program?

Jon

On 5/19/2017 7:33 PM, 'Christopher Erickson' christopher.k.erickson@gmail. com [ap-gto] wrote:

If you are not initializing the mount with SkySafari then you can use any park position supported by whatever you are using to initialize the mount.

If you are using SkySafari to initialize the mount then SkySafari will expect the mount to be in Park 4 when it initializes it.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

Christopher Erickson
Consulting Engineer
Summit Kinetics