Re: Parking confusion for a mobile user.

Michael Turner

Hello,

I'm also a mobile user of a Mach1.
What I do is Park the mount at Park 4, then power down.  Next, loosen the clutches carefully, move to park 3, remove scope, remove CW's and bar, and pack the mount.

When you setup again, you can set the mount to Park 4 with a bubble level following the process at YOUR FIRST OBSERVING SESSION & For Portable Mounts / Polar Aligning in the Daytime – Northern Hemisphere (page 20 of the 4.19.3 Keypad manual).

Michael

At 04:10 PM 5/19/2017, you wrote:

I just bought a Mach1 (haven't set it up yet, but I've been reading and reading about it).

One of the things that confuses me, is that I've read (but perhaps not understood well) that if you are mobile, you should end your session by sending the scope to park position 4 (and presumably powering down).

The problem is that park position 4 would not be feasible for me to transport the mount in (Park 3 is better)--not to mention being awkward to dismount scope and counterweights from. So I would need to loosen the clutches after it's powered off, move to a position where I can put the mount in its case. But then, before I power it up, I would have to move it back to position 4, presumably. As this would be done manually (how else) it's unlikely to be accurate. How do I recover from that?

Also, it's possible (due to my being used to inferior mounts and often tired at end of evening) that I would forget and just power off the scope in a random position. Normally I would now loosen clutches carefully, move to park 3, remove scope, remove CW's and bar, and pack the mount. But how do I tell the software that I've done something abominable, and to please forgive me?