Re: APCC/Horizons

Stuart

Wow! That is amazing Geert!

Stuart

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 2:01 AM, 'Geert Vandenbulcke' geert.vandenbulcke@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Hello,

With APCC/Horizons I use my AP-1200GTO CP3 to track on comets and this works well, this was the main reason to buy APCC (standard version) about a year ago.  But it also worked well on NEO 2014 JO25 that passed by the Earth on 19 April 2017 with a relative speed of about 2.5°/hr, see http://astrob.in/292386/0/.  Up to know this the fastest object I had the system guide on via APCC.  These are ten 60s exposures tracked on the asteroid and then combined, there was a pause of about 120s between images 2 and 3 should any one wonder why there is a spacing in the track of the stars.

Best regards from Belgium,

Geert Vandenbulcke