Re: backlash, apcc, ap v2, gtocp4, new gear mesh mounts

Roland Christen

Backlash in our latest spring loaded gearbox is vanishingly small. It is not an issue in RA for guiding in any case. As far as Go-To, the mount will move to within an arc sec or 2 of where you command it in both axes.

From: dave@... [ap-gto]
To: ap-gto
Sent: Sun, Apr 23, 2017 1:21 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] backlash, apcc, ap v2, gtocp4, new gear mesh mounts

The posts about guiding and backlash got me thinking about the apcc/ap v2 settings for backlash in the new mounts. quick question.

Do the newer mounts not use software to compensate for backlash? Is there no backlashin the newer mounts or do you physically remove backlash via the gearbox? Or is the backlash removed via the spring loaded gearbox? Maybe something else?

Thanks.

Dave.

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional