From: ap-gto@... [mailto:ap-gto@...]
Sent: Saturday, April 22, 2017 9:48 AM
To: 'Jack Huerkamp' mallincamusa@... [ap-gto]
Subject: RE: [ap-gto] APCC, The SkyX and SkyTools 3 PRO

Hello Jack,

I think you can use in SkyTools as mount « TheSky Controlled Telescope ». When doing that, SkyTools actually passes GoTo slews commands to TheSkyX, which modifies coordinates using it’s TPoint model. These modified coordinates then are passed as GoTo command through APCC to the mount.

A bit convoluted way, but should work.

Clear skies

Antoine

De : 'Jack Huerkamp' mallincamusa@... [ap-gto]
Envoyé le :samedi 22 avril 2017 16:24
À : ap-gto@...
Objet :RE: [ap-gto] APCC, The SkyX and SkyTools 3 PRO

Ray,

After powering up the AP1600, I start APCC.

I then either start SkyTools and connect to the mount using it or start The SkyX and connect to the mount.

Once connected with either, I can move the mount to a target by clicking on it in the chart and doing s slew.

You are suggesting starting The SkyX, connecting to the mount in APCC and then somehow connecting SkyTools to The SkyX so that I could use T-Point and the maps in SkyTools.

I would appreciate hearing back from anyone who has done this as I am really not a fan of the charts provided in The SkyX

Yours truly,

Jack

Jack Huerkamp
Jack's Astro Accessories, LLC.