Re: [ap-ug] Re: Total Solar Eclipse 2017 - Heads-up!

Harley Davidson

A lady I know that works in the hotel industry in Ohio said that as long as the highest rate they can charge for a room is stated on the hotel room door they can charge up to that rate but not higher. That's the info I never read on the inside of your room door.

I found this at: http://consumer.findlaw.com/travel-rules-and-rights/hotel-questions-and-answers.html
Can a hotel charge me whatever it wants for a room?
Hotel rates depend on lot on seasonal variance and can fluctuate wildly, costing double or triple the normal rate during some times of the year. However, hotels cannot just charge you whatever they want. Many states mandate that hotels post a maximum charge in a conspicuous place (often on the back of the door).

Items such as a visitor fee or bed tax may be mandated by state or local law. Other fees, such as utility or service charges may not be legitimate, however. A hotel is not allowed to charge you more than the rate it quoted to you when you made the reservation unless you approve the charge in advance.

I paid for my reservation in full two years ago.

tony

On 4/14/2017 3:55 PM, Anthony Ayiomamitis ayiomami@... [ap-ug] wrote:

This is one of the first instances involving the new practice and which
was aired last month:
http://www.9news.com/news/investigations/with-eclipse-in-view-some-hotels-canceling-reservations-and-raising-prices/424730099

Anthony.