Re: Polemaster

Michael Turner

Christopher,

My 2009 vintage Mach 1 does not have any holes on the front of the RA or DEC motor covers...

Michael

At 02:09 PM 4/10/2017, you wrote:

I would say the older ones with the older worm block designs don't have the threaded holes on the front.

Christopher Erickson
Consulting Engineer
Summit Kinetics
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

Sent: Monday, April 10, 2017 6:11 AM
To: [ap-gto]
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Polemaster

Thanks for the heads-up Christopher. Which Mach1’s don’t have the threaded holes: older ones or the newest ones?
--
Andrew Barton

On Apr 10, 2017, at 1:31 AM, 'Christopher Erickson' christopher.k.erickson@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@... > wrote:

I don't think that all Mach1's have the threaded holes on the front of the DEC motor housing so it won't work with all of them.

For those that don't, the double-sided tape and PoleMaster universal adapter will work.

Christopher Erickson
Consulting Engineer
Summit Kinetics
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

Sent: Sunday, April 09, 2017 4:32 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Polemaster

I designed a mounting adapter to mount my PoleMaster to my Mach1. I published the part on Thingiverse: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2238858.
I printed the part in PLA using my 3D printer using a pretty high infill percentage to make it stiff. It works perfectly and allows me to use the PoleMaster to calibrate my RAPAS.

I recall seeing a similar mounting bracket, perhaps on Cloudy Nights, identified as a Mach1 PoleMaster mount prototype. Given CAD software and a 3D printer, it was a simple matter to create my own version. If you need an adapter and have access to a 3D printer, you can print one for yourself.
--
Andrew Barton

On Apr 7, 2017, at 4:49 PM, Dick Hoey dhoey50@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@... > wrote:

I like my Rapas to much to cover it up. I just use 2 pipe hangers from Home Depot and put it on the weight bar. Use the Rapas to get close then refine with polemaster.  It works fine. The polemaster owners manual says it is not required to be on the rotation axes of the mount.

Sent from Dick's phone. 

On Apr 7, 2017, at 02:02, Suresh Mohan Neelmegh drsureshmohan@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@... > wrote:

My friend has sent me the pole master to use for the weekend For my Mach 1 . Any idea if I can just stick on front with duct tape ? His mount is eq6 . I do have my own RAPAS
Suresh
Ps telescope is in north ( closed sit out )of my house I can see a little higher than Ursa Major that's all
Thanks
Suresh

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.