Re: AP1600GTOE RA drift

Craig Young

But given the orientation of the scope, I don't think the flexure is due to the OTA because it would flex in DEC only.  Are you thinking the flexure is then in the RA axis, with the cw's hanging out there horizontal?

The good thing though is once I enter the measured RA drift into APCC it then tracks perfectly.  What it requires though is I need to take two or three 60 second images and measure the drift correction before beginning an imaging session.  If I do this I can then take 10 minute images unguided.

Craig