Re: AP1600GTOE RA drift

Jon <jmartin590@...>

Craig,
When Roland was at NEAF, the video made by Sky and Telescope explained that the encoders do in fact maintain the scopes position on a dso and will even push back against wind deflection to do it.

Jon

On 4/7/2017 2:54 PM, 'Joseph Zeglinski' J.Zeglinski@... [ap-gto] wrote:

Craig, et al.

Interesting – A Supplemental question, from me.
    Now that you mention it, does the “Encoder Option” really only function for positioning during a GOTO?
I didn’t think the encoders play any part during tracking – that’s the servo’s responsibility, with a good polar align to begin with. Don’t know if Encoders even affect PemPro PA improvement, when it does its slews, since it is all about using good “tracking” to begin with.

Joe