Re: APPM and TheSkyX

swiencek

I am having trouble with this in my head. Per The SkyX, it has defined the mount position based on plate solves. APCC says the mount is in a different position. As a result of the plate solves, is not the mount position as displayed by The SkyX not the correct position and the position as noted by APCC wrong and should not APCC be adjusted to the position as noted in The SkyX? If this thinking is correct, can not the syncing of APCC to The Sky X position be done somehow, possibly by the APCC Go To/ReCal command?

From: ap-gto@... [mailto:ap-gto@...]
Sent: Friday, April 07, 2017 2:41 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: RE: [ap-gto] APPM and TheSkyX

Hi Steve,

> I am using APCC along with TSX and T Point generated model. What is the best
> way to sync the APCC mount position to TSX mount position?

I think you should just use TheSkyX's Sync feature. I think there are a couple different ways to use it, like centering a star in the scope and right clicking on the star and selecting Sync in TheSkyX. Of course you should be connected via the ASCOM driver or have TheSkyX directly connected to an APCC virtual port.

-Ray Gralak