Re: RAPAS and Polemaster

Don Anderson

Gota love RAPAS!

Don Anderson

From: "Suresh Mohan Neelmegh drsureshmohan@... [ap-gto]"
To: ap-gto@...
Sent: Sunday, April 2, 2017 1:50 AM
Subject: [ap-gto] RAPAS and Polemaster

Ok guys I own a Mach 1, my friend an EQ 6 , I live close to the sea@ 13 N and summer has set in causing haze . RAPAS picked up Polaris in 10 seconds and I was polar aligned within 1 arc minute ( checked by software ) . I went over to EQ 6 who wanted to demonstrate polemaster . Now Polaris was not visible in the EQ 6 polar scope ( too too faint ) . We spent till midnight using pole master searching for Polaris and finally gave up .
Polemaster is great only when u know where Polaris is exactly ; last night Polemaster s second step ie rotating to align the other nearby stars flopped
Suresh