Mounting a Green Laser

Gregory <fyrframe@...>

Hi,

I would like to mount a green laser pin on my refractor mounted to a Mach 1 using the Lumicon Laser Pointer Bracket;

http://www.lumicon.com/store/p/120-Laser-Pointer-Bracket-for-Refractor.aspx

Aiming the laser is my question. Do I simply mount the laser, turn it on, aim the telescope and then adjust the laser through my eye piece?

Also, if I mount the laser near the focuser, the light hits the dew shield and is partially blocked. Is the mount for the bracket better served by placing it on the dew shield?

There is no center so my assumption it's not important if the mount is attached to the top, left or right side of the OTA?

Thanks!

Gregory Gig Harbor, WA.