Re: Rayox Saddle

John A. Sillasen

Looks great but what I don't like to all, is the miniscule adapter plate needed between the 1100 head and the Rayox.  When I bolted an DOVELM2 to my Mach 1 or the DOVELM162, to my 1100 there is a solid, surface to surface mating that inspires not just a goodness of fit but an actual fit without air space and therefore an opportunity to snag something, slide something and just feel like tipping (not possible I know but it feels like it could) with the small adapter plate.
Steve may be better off licensing the technology through a patent to manufacturers all over the planet than trying to manufacture these high priced saddles.  I mean even with a 15% discount it's still nearly $300 more ($294) than a DOVELM2 & $200 more than a 162.

Still it looks like a very nice product.  I'm holding out for self adjusting gears.

John A. Sillasen