Re: HC upgrade

Don Anderson

Glad you found the problem. You are an expert now on trouble shooting HC cables.😏

Don Anderson

On Fri, 2/24/17, Suresh Mohan Neelmegh drsureshmohan@gmail.com [ap-gto] <ap-gto@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: [ap-gto] HC upgrade
To: ap-gto@yahoogroups.com

Hi Don and Christoper ,

     I opened the plug and I
can see no break In the connection , the weak point is where
the cable enters the plug just before the shoulder bolts (
tiny ones that hold the cable in place ). I tested for
continuity and it is intermittent depending on the position
of the cable . My cable has been replaced earlier about 2
yrs ago , it is just unfortunate that it happened a little
soon this time . It is very easy to replace the cable as
internal to the hc there are four long pins and the end of
the cable has the female for it . Anyway the hc upgraded ,
worked and again went back to be stuck in 4.193 . But this
time since I knew the problem I powdered up holding the weak
point in the cable and it fired up .
Suresh
AM, Don Anderson jockey_ca@yahoo.ca
wrote:

> Suresh
> Sounds like the plug on the CP Controller
is loose. Also sounds like you may need to clean the
contacts in the plug as well. That may be why you are
getting intermittent connection with the HC. You should be
able to open up the CP mount controller and have a look at
the back of the plug. A screw(s) may be loose. Check to see
of any wires are broken off the back of the plug.
> Good Luck

> Don Anderson
>

> From: "Suresh
Mohan Neelmegh drsureshmohan@gmail.com
[ap-gto]" <ap-gto@yahoogroups.com>

AM
> Subject: Re: [ap-gto] HC upgrade
>

> Friends ,

  I discovered something just now , the place where you
connect the hc had a mild play ( rotational movement ). I
placed the mother board against a wall and held the plug
with a gentle upward pressure and finally heard the beep
sound from the hc . Normally I would see a lot of numbers
during upload on the screen but I'm not seeing it now ,
will wait for it to complete. So definetely there is a
contact problem . Is it ok for the mother board hc socket to
spin for 5 degrees. Is there a fix or just leave it alone
?

wrote:

>> Hi
Don,
>>         I'm
awaiting Howard s reply
>> Suresh
>>
>> Sent from my
iPhone

Anderson jockey_ca@yahoo.ca
[ap-gto] <ap-gto@yahoogroups.com>
wrote:

Suresh
>>> Time to talk to Howard
at AP
>>> Don
>>>
>>> Sent
from my iPad

wrote:

> [...]
it's not upgrading after several tries. Different
laptops and different com ports as well . It took as many
times during the last episode as well .

PM, Suresh Mohan Neelmegh <drsureshmohan@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
I'm scratching my head

11:15 AM, 'Woody Schlom' woody@alumni.ucla.edu
wrote:

> [...]
upgrading the keypad firmware.  Mine is a CP3 on a Mach1.
Used a genuine but  5 or 6 year old FTDI serial adapter --
the one with the flashing blue lights -- on a 5 year old
Dell M6700 Mobile Workstation running Win-10 Pro.

Message-----
ap-gto@yahoogroups.com