From: "Suresh Mohan Neelmegh drsureshmohan@... [ap-gto]"
To: ap-gto@...
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 6:26 PM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Not again!

Haha Howard ,
   My great grandmother has told me that ! No problem will do
Suresh

On 22-Feb-2017, at 2:21 AM, Howard howard@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Sorry I didn’t catch this ‘til now.  Don may be on the right track.  I don’t think it’s the heat.  The keypad is an industrial device and is quite heat tolerant.  It is, however, rather sensitive to moisture.  I learned this trick from someone – can’t remember who – but it’s worth a try.  Make a small bag our of cheesecloth, gauze, an old nylon stocking or something similarly porous.  Fill it with dry rice and close it.   Place the rice bag and the keypad in an airtight container overnight, or even for several days.  Try it again.   Plain old rice makes a great desiccant.

Mag. 7 Skies!

Howard Hedlund
Astro-Physics, Inc.
Phone: 815-282-1513

P Consider the environment before printing this e-mail.