Re: After a slew star continues to move till I press west button

Suresh Mohan

Thanks Don ,
      I think I found the page , will update you in the evening
Regards
Suresh

On 21-Feb-2017, at 11:01 AM, Don Anderson jockey_ca@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Suresh
It is possible that the gear mesh is not set correctly or the set screw that locks the spur gear attached to the worm gear has become loose. Astro-Physics has a procedure for tightening this gear.
You will find it on their website located under "Technical Support/GOTO Equatorial Mounts/Mach1 GOTO Equatorial Mounts/ "Additional Backlash Issues That are not Caused by a loose mesh between the Worm Gear and the Worm Wheel".

Good luck

Don Anderson