Thanks Roland,
I like the solution of setting Autoconnect=YES.  The mount is now in a real observatory on a pier, so there is no need to leave it at NO like I used to.  Then I can transparently run it with the keypad or TheSky.

Rick

On Feb 17, 2017, at 10:01 48AM, chris1011@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Howard will answer in more detail about your particular setup, which I am assuming is a Mac computer. As such you are not using the ASCOM driver, so you are limited by what the SkyX can do via the Ethernet connection (note, there is no limitation on the AP equipment).

If the SkyX cannot properly initialize the mount via the Ethernet connection due to some limitation of that program, then I would recommend that you simply leave the keypad connected and set it to Autoconnect = YES. This way the keypad sends startup info to the mount and allows your external planetarium program to control the operation of the mount. You can then go anywhere with the SkyX and park it with that program at the end of the night. Next time you power up, the keypad will automatically resume the mount from that last parked position and you are good to go again with your Ethernet connection.

From: Rick Thurmond - yahoo yahoogroups@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...>
To: ap-gto <ap-gto@...>
Sent: Fri, Feb 17, 2017 10:00 am
Subject: [ap-gto] EXT startup only works via Serial Port?

I am able to control my Mach1GTO with CP4 by serial port, USB, or Ethernet if it has been started up/initialized by the keypad (Autoconnect=NO). I use TheSkyX on a Mac

But if I try to do the startup by USB or Ethernet it doesn’t work. It will not connect unless I override the EXT and startup with the keypad. TheSkyX can start up the mount via serial port.

Is that the way it is supposed to behave? I’d really rather run the mount entirely through Ethernet.

Rick

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: