Re: EXT startup only works via Serial Port?

Howard Hedlund

Hi Rick,

I will bring my MacBook Pro from home in to work tomorrow (I’ll try to remember!) and see what I can figure out.  There are no such restrictions on the GTOCP4 side, but TSX may be treating things differently.  I am assuming that you have installed the FTDI Mac drivers from their website??  With that accomplished, the USB connection is really just a serial port.  It should be no different from using a Keyspan USB to serial adapter.

Can you open the GTOCP4’s internal web page from your Mac?

I have verified that TSX’s Ethernet connection works on my Win7 – 64 system here at work.  It initialized the mount properly.  The initial connection and startup took a little while, so be patient.

Be sure you have the correct IP address for the GTOCP4, and be sure you are set to use Port 23 in TSX.

Our servo engineer is also a Mac user at home.  He most assuredly designed the GTOCP4 to work on a Mac!!

Mag. 7 Skies!

Howard Hedlund

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone: 815-282-1513

www.astro-physics.com

P Consider the environment before printing this e-mail.