Re: AP Mother board heating up

Don Anderson

That's good to hear. Try re-meshing the worm and see what happens. By the way, don't use WD40 on the electrical contact or anywhere else on the mount. If you want to clean the electrical contacts only use a good electronic contact cleaner.

Don Anderson

From: "Suresh Mohan Neelmegh drsureshmohan@... [ap-gto]"
To: ap-gto@...
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2017 3:18 AM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Re: AP Mother board heating up

Mother board shows no sign of anything heated or burnt inside , looks quite dry
Suresh

On 13-Feb-2017, at 3:06 PM, Suresh Mohan Neelmegh <drsureshmohan@...> wrote:

Ok with no connection to the mount , the mb does show some slight warmth on the backside after 30 min
Suresh

On 13-Feb-2017, at 2:48 PM, Suresh Mohan Neelmegh <drsureshmohan@...> wrote:

No no , only the electric pin ie 12 v socket , never the gears
Suresh

On 13-Feb-2017, at 2:41 PM, 'Christopher Erickson' christopher.k.erickson@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

WD-40 is a great penetrant, and a very-poor lubricant.  Worse, it will dissolve most greases and cause them to run out of whatever they were lubricating.

And it will leech into everything on the mount.

I would NEVER use WD-40 on any telescope mount.  EVER.

Christopher Erickson
Consulting Engineer
Summit Kinetics
Waikoloa, HI 96738