Re: [ap-ug] two new videos

Harley Davidson

This is exactly the way I did it in my video.    tony

On 1/23/2017 9:20 PM, Anthony Ayiomamitis ayiomami@... [ap-gto] wrote:

Don,

One would have to be a serious klutz not to be able to plug in the new battery in the 30-sec window and after properly placing it in the cavity with the wire underneath the fiber optic bundle. My existing battery has been humming for 10 years now and I think I will play it safe and contact Christine for a replacement.

Thanks for following up.

Anthony.

On 1/24/2017 04:09, Don Anderson jockey_ca@... [ap-gto] wrote:

Anthony
Replacing the battery without plugging the keypad into the servo to maintain power to keypad and not losing the database is very doable and very safe. I did mine a little over a year ago.
Below is a copy of a post to this group (#49905) describing how I did it. Very easy and very safe.

Greg
I replaced mine this spring without losing the database or leaving the power on while replacing the battery. Just pry the old battery out of the holder, while leaving it plugged in, install the new battery in the holder feed the wires & plug under the fibre optic bundle then having the plug of the new battery nearby, quickly swap plugs. If you set things up properly, you can make the swap in about 15 sec. I believe Roland commented after I posted about doing this that one has about 30 sec to make the swap.
Works like a charm.

Don Anderson