From: "David phrosty5@... [ap-gto]"
To: ap-gto@...
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2017 8:45 PM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Cable and Systems Management

Joe,

I have looked at these.  Actually I have a different Kendrick box.  They work great, but are way too bulky to mount on top of a mount/scope, and they don’t have enough power ports for all my devices.  The Blue Astro Hub was a PCB solution that would have been small.  Still looking for someone to implement a PCB based solution for this.  I’ve seen one device that comes close, but the individual Powerpole circuits are not individually protected and isolated from each other.  I’m afraid of power spikes from dew heaters, pelters, etc. causing potential issues with a camera if using this.  http://www.modernroboticsinc.com/core-power-distribution-module-3  Closest thing I’ve found to what I’m looking for though.

Would love to see some astro manufacturer put something like this into a low profile saddle.  6 or 7 power ports on one side, 7 USB ports on the other side.  Then you’d only have two cables running through the mount.

David

On Jan 20, 2017, at 1:08 AM, 'Joseph Zeglinski' J.Zeglinski@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

David,

    Have a look at the KENDRICK all-in-one power boxes. However, it doesn’t have “remote controlled” power option yet.
I think it is an interesting integration of PowerPole box and USB, and cigarette lighter plugs. Even has an option for one of the sockets to be an AP mount 15 vdc power. Don’t know if it is bulkier than the “Blue Astro Hub” intended product – you decide.

HTH
Joe