From: "'Christopher Erickson' christopher.k.erickson@... [ap-gto]"
To: ap-gto@...
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2017 6:57 PM
Subject: RE: [ap-gto] Any custom position possible on AP1100GTO with keypad?

Marj and Roland know about my AP hand controller modifications.  AP is a cautious company that researches and tests changes like this very carefully before considering them for their products.  Certainly nothing wrong with that!

I could share the details of my changes but know that it will violate your AP warranty and you wouldn't be able to expect any technical support from George or Howard.  I would provide support for the display change but I accept no liability or obligation whatsoever if you were to attempt these changes.

FWIW, the OLED display is even readable in direct sunlight.  Not a great view but certainly readable enough to use while doing solar viewing or imaging.

Right now I have no idea if this module will work without modifications or voltage tweaks in all iterations of the AP hand controller that might exist.  I only have three AP hand controllers and have only retrofitted one of them with this OLED display.

Only attempt this retrofit AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Christopher Erickson
Consulting Engineer
Summit Kinetics
Waikoloa, HI 96738