Re: Any custom position possible on AP1100GTO with keypad?

Don Anderson

Thanks Chris. Building a ribbon conversion cable is probably tricky enough. Figuring out the pin out is something else again. Like you, I don't know if the display pin out changes with the different keypad models. Hopefully it is worthwhile enough in APs eyes to offer a conversion kit.

Don Anderson

From: "'Christopher Erickson' christopher.k.erickson@... [ap-gto]"
To: ap-gto@...
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2017 12:54 PM
Subject: RE: [ap-gto] Any custom position possible on AP1100GTO with keypad?

You have to make a special ribbon cable to solder onto the OLED display that will plug right on to the circuit board in the hand controller.  Or at least that is what I had to do in my controller.  I don't know if your controller would be the same.

The width and length of the OLED display is the same as the VFD display.  However it is significantly thinner.  I put a small square of foam behind mine to keep it in place in the controller.

Christopher Erickson
Consulting Engineer
Summit Kinetics
Waikoloa, HI 96738