Re: Mylar washers instead of nylon

Ron Wodaski <ronw@...>

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen E. Russell [mailto:sjruss55@...]
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2000 2:52 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mylar washers instead of nylon

Hello Ron,

Where did you find those Mylar washers? What company makes them?
I've tried several hardware stores and home centers but have had no
luck in finding Mylar washers. I get a funny look when I asked for
them. All I can find are Nylon, fiber, and rubber.

Stephen

metal washer, or in place of the metal washer. A trip to my local
hardware
store today turned up something that I'd never heard of, but that
is a
better solution than the nylon washers: Mylar washers.
* Thinner than nylon
The Mylar washers have several advantages right off that I can see:
* Harder than nylon, but not so hard as to be troublesome
* Less friction than nylon, almost slippery in fact

They are recommended for any location where you have frequent
tightening and
loosening. They are also quite cheap, .24 to .30 a pair, depending
on size.

Ron Wodaski

Good friends, school spirit, hair-dos you'd like to forget.
Classmates.com has them all. And with 4.4 million alumni already
registered, there's a good chance you'll find your friends here:
http://click.egroups.com/1/2885/3/_/3615/_/956353940/