Pier questoin

Hi, I currently have an 8" AP portable pier, with the rotating pier adapter and a 900 mount on top.  I am looking to installing the 900 on a custom made permanent pier.  My thoughts were to take my current pier into a machine shop and have them use it as a guide to make the permanent pier so that my pier adapter will fit right on top, and have them install a base plate with struts or flanges running up the sides from the base plate similar to commercially available piers.  Ideally I'd like to use 0.25" aluminum tubing because it wont corrode and is lighter than steel .  Any thoughts or comments would be welcome, I'm not committed to a particular design or material and being I'm in the Dallas, TX area I figure that a wide range of materials and expertise should be available .
Thanks,
SteveH