Re: M1 Crab nebula from Chile

Benoit Schillings

cool. thank you for the info Roland. as usual, would also be so cool to have the fits/raw to play with.

-- benoit

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 8:16 PM, chris1011@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

There is no coma in this image since it's a crop of a much wider field which also has no coma. The complete wide field image has round stars to the corners.
I did not process this image, that was done by Dave Jurasevich. Keep in mind you are looking at a compressed Jpeg image. The image was also not taken straight up, rather the object was close to the horizon, so the seeing was less than optimum.

From: Benoit Schillings benoit.schillings@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...>
To: ap-gto <ap-gto@...>
Sent: Fri, Dec 2, 2016 9:20 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] M1 Crab nebula from Chile

nice image. is there a hint of coma in the corners (bottom right) ? or will the system cover a wider field? Would be great to see a raw version showing the fainter extensions. Did you deconvolve the image ?

-- benoit

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 5:36 PM, chris1011@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Hi Philip,

Very well done.
I placed your image over Dave's with the stars registered. It is interesting to switch back and forth (blinking the images) because it shows a definite expansion of the nebular portions over the 7 years between your images.