Re: Off topic question for Roland and others

D Sidote <dsidote@...>

Thanks Suresh! That clears up my confusion.

clear skies!

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 10:42 AM, Suresh Mohan Neelmegh drsureshmohan@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Dave ,
     Fsq 106 has collimation in the front , 85 it's designed differently
Regards
Suresh

On 30-Nov-2016, at 6:06 PM, Suresh Mohan Neelmegh <drsureshmohan@...> wrote:

Dave!!
    I called yesterday Texas nautical ,the key person was not available , the other gentleman was the one who spoke but this is what he said , but wanted me to post pics
Suresh

On 30-Nov-2016, at 5:04 PM, D Sidote dsidote@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Suresh,

That is very interesting. Are the FSQ85 and the FSQ106 different designs? Did you get this information from Takahashi Japan? Texas Nautical Repair, the company that provides warranty service on Tak products in the US, said that the only adjustment they can make to the FSQ106 is collimation of the front element. Any other optical issues with the scope have to go back to Japan.

Dave

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 10:36 PM, Suresh Mohan Neelmegh drsureshmohan@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Don,Christopher ,
     I called Takahashi , they told me in the FSQ there is no collimating element in the front end , to just tighten the ring as Christopher said and they think it would not affect it . They wanted me to post pics after the tightening .
Thanks
Suresh

On 29-Nov-2016, at 1:27 AM, Don Anderson jockey_ca@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

If it is still under warranty, If it was me, I would send it back and get it serviced.

Don Anderson