Re: SGP Auto Meridian Flip Failing

rob

Hi Andrew,

SGP won't allow negative meridian delays. pretty much all you can do is set SGP's meridian delay to zero, or some positive value less than the earliest time past the meridian that APCC would stop the mount.

if like me you have a few places where APCC's meridian limit is before the actual meridian, you're stuck. you either have to not image targets at the corresponding declinations, or schedule them such that the telescope points at them from the east side of the pier (that is, the targets are scheduled such that they run after they cross the meridian.)

as part of the discussion about this on the SGP forums, there was talk of adding some new stuff to ASCOM that would let a mount control program ask the mount what it thought it's meridian limits are. if that happens and APCC/SGP support it then we'll be golden. but it's probably not happening anytime soon.

SGP probably needs some improvements in the meridian flip category as well - for instance right now it seems to need to let the mount track past the meridian to detect that a meridian flip is possible. obviously that won't work if the mount needs to stop before the meridian is reached.

rob