Re: Are the PowerPole plug housings GLUED together?

Michael Turner

Joe,

Another item to understand is the "Industry standard of connecting the red and black connectors" in circuits.

This link might help:  https://powerwerx.com/help/powerpole-assembly-instructions.
The problem here is that there is no real standard.  The shortwave community and many of the users have their own method.
I always check the method used by the cables I'm going to connect to and go with that.  For my AP 15a PS, I used the method describe in the Powerwerx article, since I had already wired my Rigrunner that way.

Michael

At 09:57 PM 10/29/2016, you wrote:

Thanks Woody,

    I never got far enough to try pushing the connectors in. The plastic housings were left/right reversed, so no metal contact blade “insertionâ€� problem. Likewise, there is no roll-pin in between, joining the two. So, it looks like it is indeed a sonic-welded “housing setâ€�.

    Now that I know that PowerWrx makes such a fused housing version, I will be careful about trying to “invert and mismatchâ€� the mating, while swapping terminal positions at the power supply end. Even though it is extremely bad practice, this was just a quick setup for some bench tests, and not for permanent cabling. I even put tape-tags on the extension cable  to remind me of the odd setup, so I wouldn’t screw up. I will just put this extension in a drawer after the test, and leave it for some future CP4 power source re-cabling.

Joe