From: ap-gto@... on behalf of kentdegroff@... [ap-gto]
Sent: Saturday, 15 October 2016 1:12 p.m.
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: AP1200 GTO and backlash in its brass gear?

Hi Timo,

FYI, I get on the order of 10 arc-secs backlash with my 1200. I have the AP V2 Driver backlash set to 0 and use the backlash setting in SGP2 to correct it. Seems to work ok that way.

You can't get away from some backlash with a geared system. Gear mesh is very important, as George will tell you. I gave up using AP method of setting the gear mesh and use a dial indicator instead. Works better for me.

Hope you get your problem fixed. It vexed me for about a year.

Regards,
Kent