From: ap-gto@... [mailto:ap-gto@...]
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2016 4:26 AM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: AP900 Gto Auto-Guiding woes.

Christopher:

Do you have any example images of your cable routing?  All of my cables are secured to the back end of my OTA/STT-8300. And I mean a lot of cables! I tried routing them along the axis/pier, but didn't have enough slack at that point. As they are now, the can't hang on anything, and can't move or put any strain on any connectors (pigtailed at the connection). But I'd think there has to be a better way.

Thanks.  Good thread!

CG

PS: Roland, when you say any movement of the guiding cable can result in errors, are you refering to just weight or physical strain on the guider plug?