Re: Guiding Issues

Stuart Heggie <stuart.j.heggie@...>

Wolfgang (and Bill), I agree with Don, the calibration time is too short.

BUT, as Rolando already pointed out, one reason you'll have the symptom you both describe is if you have the "Reverse X on Flip" set incorrectly. In TSX this checkbox often disappears from view in the set-up for the guider (you have to scroll down to find it) AND this same check box exists on the camera tab in Set-up. Crazy confusing. I don't think it is correct to have them both checked. Just check the one on the guider tab.

Anyway, if things seem okay for a few seconds then the star drives out of the box, I am betting that Rolando's comment is what is going on. You're guiding fine but the control software has X reversed so as things start to go badly, the reaction is to double down on doing the wrong thing and the star speeds out of the box.

Stuart

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 4:22 PM, vergoldermeister@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Hi all,

i had and still have the same troubles with guiding like Bill described it. I use Sky X and the Camera Add on for controlling the CCD and the Lodestar guider.

I use a 12" f/4 Newt and a OAG for the Lodestar. I use a AP1200 mount with CP3 System.

I calibrate the X and Y axis for 2 sec. I always get the message "Calibration Successful". The guiding rate is on 1, like i used it with Maxim DL.

As i start guiding, everthing runs fine (correction 0,00- 0,30 Pixels in X and Y) but after a few minutes the guiding goes to 3 Pixels or more....and the guide star is lost.

I disconnected the CCD and the Guider from Sky X and i checked the guiding with Maxim DL, everthing runs perfect...over hours.

I also changed the aggressiveness in Sky X but i always get the same Troubles. So i changed from guiding rate 1 to 0,5....i get the same troubles. I also changed the aggressiveness but the troubles are still there.

I use the Ascom Astro Physics V2 Driver for controlling the mount, all drivers are current.

Any ideas????

Kind regards,

Wolfgang