Re: ETA for integrated COM port support in ASCOM driver?

Joel Short

Thanks Ray, we all appreciate your efforts.
Even if there is a standalone app to initialize the mount that still doesn't address IP communication between the AP driver and CP4.  That's really where my problem is.  Even if I initialize the mount with ASCOM from a computer I still can't get a stable wireless connection between my windows tablet and CP4 over wifi due to flaky third party IP emulator software.
I'm probably missing something here...
joel

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 9:48 PM, 'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Hi Joel,

ASCOM is a Windows-only platform component so you will need a Windows computer to initialize the mount via the ASCOM driver.

What you probably heard was that someone was going to make a cross-platform (iOS, Android, Windows phone) phone/tablet application that simply initializes the mount.

I have signed up to do that (free) application on my own, however I would like to finish PEMPro V3 before working on this free app. Unfortunately, I can't say for sure that the initialization app will be ready by the fall. Maybe the Sky safari developers or someone else will produce a solution by then.

-Ray Gralak