* SOLVED * Is the AP v2 5.08.08 ASCOM driver compatible with Windows 10?

cford81@...

Thank Joe,

I have fixed it. The reason as often in these situations is a bit embarrassing. It turns out nothing to do with the ASCOM software install which was correct. I set it all up in my observatory where my desk is to the *east* of my AP1600GTO which has absolute encoders. I was only looking at the absolute encoder control box that the USB->RS232 goes into and checking that the power was on, (which it was/is) so I assumed all correct on the hardware front. Yes, I assumed that the GTCOP3 on the west side of the mount was also powered on, but it turned out that the 12V DC connector was a bit loose and it was actually unpowered. I tightened it up and everything now connects fine.

Duhh! Thanks for your bandwidth!

Chris

To: ap-gto@...
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2016 6:22:02 PM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Is the AP v2 5.08.08 ASCOM driver compatible with Windows 10?

Hi Joe,

There was no previous version to uninstall. I installed ASCOM and the AP V2 driver on a brand new computer out of the box straight from Best Buy. I have uninstalled a few times since then using the install shield just to try and get the thing to work. Is that the uninstall instructions you are referring too? (Links would be useful)

Chris

To: ap-gto@...
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2016 6:06:36 PM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Is the AP v2 5.08.08 ASCOM driver compatible with Windows 10?

Did you uninstall the previous version per instructions?

Joe

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.